WELCOME TO STAR VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Message from the Principal
March 4, 2014
Spring is almost here! We will be having our PAWS testing (state test) on March 17-27. It is important that your child is in attendance, if at all possible. This is our yearly test that gives the state data for AYP (adequate yearly progress).
Please have your child get plenty of rest and eat a good breakfast on test days. We will do our best for we have the best students in the state!
Thanks for all you do!
~ Mr. Cazier, SVMS Principal
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT SVMS
* SVMS SKI CLUB: Due to the cancellation of the last ski trip, dates for the remaining skip trips have been revised. They are as follows: Saturday, Mar. 1; Saturday, Mar. 8; and Saturday, Mar. 15. Bus departs SVMS promptly at 6:30 a.m. (students arrive by 6:15). Return time 7:00-7:30 p.m. (possibly a little earlier). Pick-up/drop-off points: Alpine Market, Thayne Elementary, SVMS. Food will NOT be provided. Students bring lunch or money to purchase food. Food may be purchased at Grand Targhee, but is expensive. Students will also need snacks for the ride home. (NOTE: these trips are only for students who pre-registered. All spots are now filled.) Click here for Ski Club information: Ski Club Parent & Student Letter - Gen Info.pdf
READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY!! Governor Mead will be signing a proclamation declaring MARCH 3rd as READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY. In conjunction with that day, SVMS wants to promote reading that night and is issuing a challenge and goal for students. Fun rewards will be given the entire school depending on the total number of minutes students read the night of MARCH 3! Ask your SVMS student for details!!
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn the more places you'll go." ~Dr. Seuss
* TRACK PRACTICE begins March 24.
* SOCCER CLUB - Mondays & Wednesdays in the gym.
* PS CIRCLE CLUB - Wednesdays in Mr. Cazier's outer office.
* MINECRAFT - Thursdays in Mrs. Lewis's room.
* FILM CLUB - Thursdays in the Art Room.
(NOTE: The above clubs begin at 2:45. These clubs are still open to interested students. Students must have "C" grades or better to participate).
* SVMS BAND CONCERT March 26, 7:00 p.m. at SVHS.
GOOD LUCK to Allyson Lytle as she travels to WWCC in Rock Springs Saturday, March 8 representing SVMS as she competes in the state spelling bee!! Allyson took 3rd place in the county spelling bee in Cokeville on February 26th which earned her a spot at state.
NO SCHOOL MARCH 14
SPRING BREAK March 31-April 4!!